Media Type: Outdoor
- High repeat exposure to advert hence long life
- Relatively low cost
- Low levels of competition, in terms of advertising clutter
- It offers geographic selectivity. The marketer can vary the ad message according to the particular segment of the market.
- Little audience selectivity / targeting possible
- Static media, not suitable for product demonstrations
- Difficult to monitor effectiveness
- Potential for damage, via weather and graffiti
- 5.Outdoor advertising when employed on a national basis proves to be expensive.
All of the above media share one common characteristic, and as a result one common weakness, in that they are one-way communication, not requiring the audience to respond and thus not motivating the audience to pay attention in the same way required of two-way communication.