The rule for work are changing. We are being judged by not just how smart we are but also by how well we handle each other and ourselves.
Our each and every action is systematically controlled emotion; this is the essential premise of EQ. To be successful requires effective awareness, control and management of one’s own emotions and those of other people.EQ embraces two aspects of intelligence.
- Understanding yourself, your goals, responses, behavior, create possibilities and intentions
- Understanding others and their feelings.
Emotional Intelligence Quotient (EQ) is increasingly relevant to organizational development and developing people, because EQ principles provide a new way to understand and assess people’s behaviors, management skills, attitudes, interpersonal skills, and potential. Emotional Intelligence Quotient is an important consideration in all aspects of an organization; human resource planning, job profiling, recruitment interviewing and selection, management development, customer relationship and customer services, etc. Thie good news is, unlike IQ, EQ skills can be developed and improved over time.
Our series of articles will help you with following :
- Understanding how emotions can influence thoughts, behavior, goals, decision-making, and work / personal relationships.
- Make the link between emotional intelligence and leadership effectiveness
- How to build motivation into your work.
- How to build constructive thinking patterns to facilitate goal achievement.