The next ‘M’ to be considered while making an Advertisement Program is the Media through which to communicate the Message generated during the previous stage.
The steps to be considered are:
MEASUREMENT Fifth M of Advertising
Evaluating the effectiveness of the Advertisement Program is very important as it helps prevent further wastage of money and helps make corrections that are important for further advertisement campaigns. Researching the effectiveness of the advertisement is the most used method of evaluating the effectiveness of the Advertisement Program. Research can be in the form of:
- Communication-Effect Research
- Sales-Effect Research
There are two ways of measuring advertising effectiveness.
It is the assessment of an advertisement for its effectiveness before it is actually used. It is done through
- Concept testing – how well the concept of the advertisement is. This is be done by taking expert opinion on the concept of the ad.
- Test commercials – test trial of the advertisement to the sample of people
- Finished testing
It is the assessment of an advertisement’s effectiveness after it has been used. It is done in two ways
- Unaided recall – a research technique that asks how much of an ad a person remembers during a specific period of time
- Aided recall – a research technique that uses clues to prompt answers from people about ads they might have seen