Digital signage advertising is a multipurpose networking system offering imaginary profits to any segment from organizations and corporations to universities, hotels, local government, banks, hospitals, retailers, supermarkets, recreation centers, real estate and architects, automobile dealers etc. The following are the application benefits of digital signage networks:
- Advertise to improve sales.
- Advertise by third party.
- Enhance customer experience.
- Influence customer behavior.
- Brand building
- Follow through campaign information to in-store.
- Environment enhancing
- Entertainment venue event promotion.
- Enhance corporate and business communications.
- Educate inform and entertain the customers.
- Menu boards in restaurants.
Regardless of such benefits, the electronic ads break opens new avenues to the traditional out-of-home contractors, digital specialists, technical enablers and system integrators, display manufacturers, venue owners and advertisers.
Digital signage is used for many different purposes and there is no definitive list. However, below are some of the most common applications of digital signage:
- Public information – news, weather and local (location specific) information, such as fire exits and traveler information
- Internal information – corporate messages, health & safety, news, etc.
- Advertising – either related to the location the signage is in or just using the audience reach of the screens for general advertising
- Brand building – in-store digital signage to promote the brand and build a brand identity
- Influencing customer behavior – directing customers to different areas, increasing the dwell time on the store premises
- Enhancing customer experience – applications include the reduction of perceived wait time in restaurant waiting areas, bank queues, etc., as well as recipe demonstrations in food stores
- Enhancing the environment – with interactive screens (in the floor for example) or with dynamic wayfinding